A public notary / notary public is able to draw up documents or certify documents or verify signatures for use overseas.
Some examples are:
- Certifying/ verifying identification documents eg. passport, driver licence etc.
- Certifying/ verifying educational documents eg. college records, university records etc.
- Certifying/ verifying business / company records
- Certifying/ verifying traffic records
- Certifying/ verifying domicile
- Preparing and certifying powers of attorney, wills, deeds, contracts etc.
- Administering oaths
- Witnessing signatures to affidavits, statutory declarations, powers of attorney, contracts etc.
- Exemplifying official documents
- Noting and protesting bills of exchange
- Preparing ships’ protests
The notarial service process may only require the notarisation by a public notary / notary public for use overseas or the additional authentication by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) as well as legalisation by the relevant consulate / embassy. The process depends on the overseas jurisdiction requirements.
Please contact us for more information as we offer notarial services.